I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 and Generalized Anxiety Disorder
I wasn't diagnosed until later in my thirties. I was going through a major depression and I was having thoughts of suicide (although I wouldn't do that to my kids). At that time my husband took me to a state run mental facility. It was the worse place I had ever been and I made sure that I was home the next day. At that point I found a psychiatrist (pdoc) to go to and accepted took our insurance. Thank god for that I started on medications for Bipolar. Granted it's a constant checking of medications and finding what works. I take my medications like I'm supposed to which is usually a problem with people who have bipolar, but I'm doing the best I can to get the combo right so that I can at least know that part of my life is ok.
I just recently spent another period in the hospital and it was much better then there I went in the first place. My pdoc is the doctor for that floor of the hospital so I knew that I would be getting good care. I stayed for three days and I can't even begin to imagine how 3 days would give my mind a break, which it needed very much. I of course did group and I learned a lot. My family came to see me one time and I talked to them a fair amount. The would have come another time but my son had an honor band performance so I told them to go to that.
During this time I also learned some knew things, most of them I knew but it amazed me how much it was obvious to stragers. I had co-dependance issue, anger and stress issues and of course I'm dealing with depression. I started counseling when I left the hospital and that is going really well. I have set up an appt with my counselor for me and my husband to be at so my counselor can help him understand what I go through on a daily basis.
I'm still learning my triggers, I'm still learning how to get through each day and I of course get out of bed which I think is a big feat. I know that there are more things that I need to do and I try to work on that each day.
It's a dail battle but it's a battle that is not getting me down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment